May sees us hopefully (and finally) slowing down a little. The last few months have been a whirlwind and weekends have been busy with plans. Thankfully this month seems quieter, so I’m hopeful we can squeeze in some time for us as well as some pampering and self-care.
01. If you haven’t seen my HUGE announcement over on the gram (check it out here), May sees me head into the halfway mark and weeks 19-22 of my pregnancy. I’ll speak more about my journey so far and some updates either in another post or over on YouTube. I’m excited to be out of the nausea phase and eating proper food again. I’m even more excited to find out the gender of our baby!
02. I’m hoping this month will be the month I finally get back on the YouTube wagon. I haven’t launched the Girl Exclusive channel yet, but I loved creating video content for my old blog. I have a few video ideas planned, I just need to get my butt in gear and film them. I’m hoping to document my pregnancy journey over there. My aim is for it to be super raw, real and relateable.
03. Food prepping! Technically this isn’t a goal, but I plan on getting more organised and having some healthy (ish) treats on hand. I’ve got some tasty bakes and treats up my sleeve with a healthy twist that I’m going to be sharing, so stay tuned!
04. Getting back into exercise. Throughout most of my first trimester I didn’t have much energy to workout and movement only made me feel nauseous. Now that’s subsided, I’m hoping to get back into working out to keep the baby and I mentally and physically fit and healthy. I have given up my gym membership as it’s a cost I feel I don’t need to be spending. I’m going to be focusing more on walks and home workouts and will be sharing sneak peeks over on IG stories.
05. I have recently read The $1000 Project by Canna Sass who I have followed and subscribed to on YouTube for some while. Last month was the start of a new financial year and seems like the best time to start the $1000 project. With a baby on the way, the thought of maternity leave and paying bills it seems like a sensible task to try. I’ve never been amazing with money but am hoping this will help me get better at managing my finances. I’m thinking about doing a series on here explaining my reasons for taking part, what it is and updating you on my progress. Let me know if this is something you’d like to see.
06. My EMA for my degree is due at the beginning of next month. Juggling full time work, a household, blogging and studying is a handful. I’m looking forward to the end of 3rd year and officially being half way through.
07. Taking time to focus more on self-care. With things having been so busy, I really want to focus on filling up my own cup. I’ve been neglecting my own needs and not taking time to relax. Cue face masks, pampering and some much needed me time. I’m getting back into meditating to clear my mind and take some time out of each day to be still. If you have any self-care tips I would love to know!
That sums up what my intentions are for May I think. Still busy to some extent but hopefully a little more chilled. How is your month looking so far?